Having two faces isn't all it’s cracked up to be, you’d think it would be a competitive advantage but I look at both the past and the future and I spend a significant amount of my eternal timeline with a neck cramp.
People have spent thousands of years pinning things on me and it's exhausting and even worse in January since it’s my month named after yours truly.
I am the god of beginnings, endings, and transitions. Basically, I’m the cosmic equivalent of an HR manager who has to handle both the hiring and the firing and when you humans start a new project such as ending a relationship or a war, you look to me and it’s a lot of pressure and i’ve presided over countless wars and peace treaties and yet, every time you lot decide to plunge into conflict, usually over something ridiculous like land borders or whose god is the more peaceful, you point at me and say Janus opened the door, so we have to fight.
Listen, I’m just a god of transitions and if you walk through a door into a burning building, that’s on you because I didn’t set the fire, I'm just the doorman so don't blame me for the questionable life choices you make.
My legacy is January, the patron Saint of the month where everyone is broke, tired, and eating salad and i see you, the face looking backward lamenting the mistakes of the previous year and then the New you in the New Year and If there’s one thing I’ve learned from thousands of years of watching over you, I know you are going to mess up again but that's fine, it has always has been the rhythm of things.
I think I’ve done my time, I’m going to focus my back face on the 1970s where the fashion was questionable but at least nobody had an iPhone and Social Media accounts which cause soooo many problems for you lot.
Anyway, Happy January, try not to break anything but if you do look for me, I’m just the guy holding the door open remember.
FOAB Information
▼
No comments:
Post a Comment