Tuesday 10 December 2019

15 Years In A Box

The last time i changed employments, it took me a whole day and several cardboard boxes to empty my desk and after 15 years, i will soon being performing the task once again although in all honestly, it will be a much more simpler exercise this time.
All i will have in my box this time around is some stationary, an armful of books, a couple of coffee mugs and photographs and several thumb drives all of which will perch on my passenger side seat as i drive out of the gates for the last time on the 10 January.
It is always the people that are missed the most and i have had the honour of working with some great people and teaching some brilliant young, sharp minds at the start of their working lives.  
Something i won't miss is being Self-Employed and having to complete a Tax Return each year although that is playing up my part really, i merely sit in my Agent's office one mid-December morning each year and throw receipts and invoices at him while slurping coffee and eating his biscuits while he does it, but it's a team effort and as i will now be PAYE, my new employer will be sorting out the Tax and National Insurance for me now.
As i said previously, i have quite a few pre-written and half written blog posts and more than a few Guest Blogger Posts to schedule to keep this blog going for a while in my absence before deciding what to do with the four and a half thousand posts that i have sent through the intertubes since January 2007.