Saturday 8 February 2020

Special Guest Blogger: Tutankhamun

What with it being over three thousand years ago when i ruled Egypt, the memories start to fade a bit but i was nine when i took the throne after my Daddy became a Mummy and my big brother becomes Pharaoh.
He then promptly died only to be replaced by my sister, Nephi, who then also promptly died meaning that at just nine years old i become
Pharaoh but running a country is no job for a kid because it's far too
boring so my Uncle Aye says he would kindly keep an eye on things
so i can carry on doing all the fun stuff that ancient Egyptian kids did like playing games, going to school and getting married.
It was a thing back in my day that to keep the royal bloodline pure, we married our relatives so my wife, Ankhesenpaatenm, was also my sister and also used to be my stepmum so we grew up together as husband and wife/mum/sister but when i was 16 i tried to take the throne back from Uncle Aye but he didn't want to give up power so he
bashed me on the head while i was asleep and killed me.
This left poor old Ma/Sis/Mrs Tut with a broken heart but also with the crown of Egypt which of course uncle Aye wanted for himself so he tries to marry my wife/mum/sister even though she's also his granddaughter which is finally a bit too much incest for Mrs Tut who wants to marry a foreign prince but sadly he gets cold feet, cold everything in fact because Aye kills him on his way to the wedding.
Realising her fate, she married her Uncle and they live happily ever after, or at least as long as it took to read the wedding vows because she did a runner at the reception and was never seen or heard from again.
Meanwhile I'm buried along with a curse and in 1922 an archaeologist named Howard Carter discovered my tomb and stole all my great treasures but he didn't reckon on the curse and within a year the man who paid for the dig, Lord Carnarvon, dropped down dead from a mosquito bite and
Howard Carter himself died 20 years later of completely natural causes, well i never said it was a good curse!!

No comments: