Monday 18 December 2023

Today Is...Arabic Language Day

After a night on the ALCOHOL, with a mouth like the SAHARA, i dragged myself from the MATTRESS to the SOFA, stopping briefly to grab a very strong COFFEE with plenty of SUGAR and opened my phone to CHECK what national Day it was today.
I could see in my screens reflection that i had drank one to many SHERBETS last night as my MASCARA was still on which would mean my COTTON pillowcase would need to be changed but that is always a HAZARD of not removing your make up before going to bed and it you get it on your SILK sheets then nothing is shifting that mark.
My phone showed that today was Arabic Language Day and as my AVERAGE brain cell count was probably lower than that of our pet GERBIL at that point, i could TELL looking up Arabic words was going to be about as much fun as having a WISDOM TOOTH pulled unless i had something to eat first but all we had in our cupboard was a JAR of SYRUP and a limp SPINACH leaf while in the fruit bowl sat a funky looking ORANGE, a squashed LIME and a LEMON which had seen better days.
I knew that left to me the total word count for this day would be ZERO and i could wave SO-LONG to that bet about writing a post for every day of the year so that would be CHECKMATE unless i bought in some help so i called my Egyptian friend, JASMIN.
She said that she was away on SAFARI in her CARAVAN but would send me a link to a MAGAZINE article which has a list of Arabic words which are common in English when they next stop which gave me time to brush myself up so i felt less like a GHOUL and sip my SODA water while waiting for my phone to ting to tell me it had arrived.
Within 30 minutes i was looking at photos of her and her family stroking a GAZELLE and a GIRAFFE but most importantly the all important Arabic words but i only recognised a couple so today's post is about the time i played my GUITAR at the local ALGEBRA club which isn't a gripping tale but fulfills my
obligation and i'm back in the game for that that years worth of Beanies COFFEE bet.

1 comment:

Liber - Latin for "The Free One" said...

one of your more clever posts the past 20 years