Saturday 30 July 2022

I'm Officially An Honorary Pennsylvanian

As i have mentioned before, i am somehow on the Democrat email list and regularly receive updates on what Jo Biden (when he's awake) and his gang is doing and it always comes with a request for a donation of $10.
It all began with Bernie Sanders who's team emailed me a few times and after one where they asked what could they do for me, i wrote back saying that my recycling bin still hasn't been replaced after it was stolen weeks ago and the light outside my garage has been broken since June but i'm not sure what a Vermont Congressman will be able to do about it but he asked so i told him.
Amazingly, after months of waiting, the light was fixed days later so in my mind dear old Bernie fired off an angry email to my local Council and ordered them to get a man with a ladder and the 30 seconds to spare from his busy schedule to remove the dead bulb and put in a new one and i did email him thanking his assistance and he repaid me by obviously adding me to the main Democrat email list.
Ever since i have been a regular recipient of emails from Joe, Kamala and an assortment of Democrats and whereas before they had a subtle DONATE button after a few paragraphs of waffle, now they are just straight out asking for a $10 donation but it is the bit about 'your area' which interested me, as in we need more people from 'your area' to donate or we are falling short of donations from 'your area' which got me
wondering where did they think i was because my area is the UK and last time i looked at an atlas (admittedly quite a while ago), the UK was not an area in the USA.
Today's email seemed to have cleared it up as it was from the computer of John Fetterman, the Candidate for Pennsylvania, who is asking people from my area, from Erie to Pittsburgh to Scarnton to Philly to contribute $10, $25, $50, $100 or $250.
As a non-yankee doodle i obviously contributed a big fat nothing but i can offer something more valuable than financial help to Mr Fetterman, drop the yinz and youse because it sounds like you are trying to get down with the kids and Wikipedia puts your age as 52 so zero chill, man, zero chill.
Secondly, i expect in the picture you are trying for serious and statesmanlike and i am sure you are a lovely man but to be fair it makes you looks like the sort of person i would phone the police about if i saw you hanging around my car. Try for a smile rather than the 'You wanna keep those kneecaps?' glare.      
As an honorary Pennsylvanian, i wish you good luck in your upcoming election and Go Steelers!! (in whatever sport it is that you play)

No comments: