Saturday 20 January 2024

Special Guest Blogger: Sinéad O’Connor

During my career i released 10 albums but what i am most known for is the song 'Nothing Compares 2 U' and getting right up the nose of an impressive amount of people.
I feuded with Frank Sinatra after i refused the playing of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' at my shows and Miley Cyrus who i said behaved like a prostitute and called it feminism.
My most bizarre quarrel was with the man who wrote the song which made me famous, Prince. The Purple One wasn't best pleased that my version knocked his own version into a cocked hat and that i wasn't appropriately fawning enough in my admiration of him so he called me to his home and gave me a furious dressing down, even challenging me to a pillow fight and when i tried to leave, he physically blocked me and dragged me toward his car, prompting me to flee on foot to a neighboring home.
My most infamous moment came when at the height of my fame i ripped up a picture of Pope John Paul II on Saturday Night Live TV to protest the widespread child sex abuse being quietly brushed under the carpet by the Pope John Paul II and the Catholic Church and plenty sided with the Church and publicly trashed me including Madonna and Joe Pesci who said if he had been there at the time he would have given me a slap.
The media and music industry rallied against me in the wake of the incident and blackballed me although strangely, they have been very quiet since history vindicated me when revelations of systemic abuse and cover-ups were discovered in 2002 and it was discovered John Paul II had helped at least three pedophile priests escape consequences for their sex crimes and relocated them to different parishes.
I retired and un-retired a few times but wasn't able to regain the momentum i had in the 90's and the question i was asked the most was why did i always keep my head shaved? Simply it was to part fashion but mostly to protect myself from frisky record executives with wandering hands by making myself as unattractive as possible.
My last arguement was with Piers Morgan who, following the death of my son Shane, practically begged me to appear on his talk show Piers Morgan Uncensored. Not only did i reject the invitation, but publicly shared the email reply which i kindly pointed out that it was probably better i didn't appear as i wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to point out that his dislike of Prince Harry was because he gets to be balls deep in Meghan Markle who he has always fantasised about ten times a day and it drives him crazy.
At only 56, i went far too early but wherever i am now, Pope John Paul II is staying out of my way.

2 comments:

Liber - Latin for "The Free One" said...

aren't we lucky we had you to save society

Anonymous said...

Society has been saved??