With at least 39 deaths in the last 24 hours, the total number of people killed since Israel resumed its military operations in the territory on Tuesday hit 639 which takes the total Palestinians killed in Gaza since Israel offensive began in October 2023 to 50,021 or 2.1% of the 2.3 million pre-war population of the occupied territory.
A total of 113,274 others had been injured in the same period and although Israel blocks International journalists from Gaza to verify figures, the United Nations (UN) and international institutions find the numbers reliable.
In November, the UN's Human Rights Office said its own analysis showed close to 70% of verified victims were women and children and the Lancet medical journal published a study which suggested the death toll could be substantially higher than the official figures, up to 41% higher.
Israel and Benjamin Netanyahu were never going allow the peace of the last two months to continue, they want the Palestinians out of Gaza and do not care how they clear the land to pursue the larger goal of a greater Israel and destroy the Palestinian hopes of nationhood.
They and the murderous Israeli settlers use Hamas and as an excuse to expand land grabs and intimidate Palestinian residents in the occupied West Bank but what Netanyahu want peace but didn't expect Hamas to play along with the peace process so they had to concoct threats and seek a breakdown by moving the goalposts of the peace deal by demanding that Hamas release all the remaining hostages before the second stage which allowed him say that Hamas were in violation and started dropping the bombs again.
He only consented to stop shooting under pressure from Donald Trump who wanted to say that he stopped the war but Netanyahu and his Government were not ready to stop and never intended to honour the second phase of the ceasefire which calls for full Israeli military withdrawal. He blocked humanitarian aid, cut water and electricity supplies and delayed second-phase implementation and obstructed talks to get it back on track.
Israel and Netanyahu, indicted for war crimes and Genocide by the international criminal court, is desperately running out of friends except for the ones in the White House who continue to arm and back him along with Trump’s absurd plan to ethnically cleanse the region and build a Gaza Riviera.
An Israeli apologist was on the radio this morning saying that as the number hits 50,000, Israel goes out its way to ensure civilians are not harmed to which the broadcaster said in exasperation: 'Really? With 50,000 dead they are not very good at it then are they' but the are very good at what they do, clearing Palestinians by either reducing Gaza to rubble to make it uninhabitable so the citizens have no choice but be moved elsewhere or just killing them all, which means we can expect devastating scenes of the Israeli war crimes entering our living rooms for quite a while yet and if you are backing Israel, you are backing the greatest Genocides since the 1940, when the Jews were the victims before they turned into the executioners themselves.