Tuesday 3 May 2022

Special Guest Blogger: Francisco Pizarro

As my cousin Hernan Cortes had already conquered the mighty Aztec Empire, i was forced to go and search out something and someone else to murder and pillage and luckily, there was another empire just down the road from the Aztec's called the Inca's that had cities full of gold but was conveniently unconquered.
The Spanish king was not keen on me invading as it would result in the loss of Spanish lives but i famously drew a line on the ground with my sword and invited those of my crew who desired wealth and glory to cross it.
Thirteen did cross the line and the rest sailed back to the Spanish fleet in Panama to get reinforcements so i went to see how the ground laid with the Incan's and i did try and negotiate with Atahualpa who was the leader of the Incans but he saw my relatively small army and obviously thought 'what can he did' so i did the rational thing and kidnapped him for ransom.
The price i set was for the room Atahuallpa was being held in was to be filled with gold and not only did his people do that but they also filled a second room with silver as a bonus which put me in a bit of a predicament because if i released him he would expect to be the top banana of the Incan's again so i mumbled something about plotting to kill my brother over in the Aztec part of South America and strangled him to death, predicament solved.
One of my officers tried his hand in Chile but he came back saying there was nothing there so rather than just sit around in my luxury, he assassinated me but by then my business was done and i am written in Incan history as Pizarro the Cruel, Pizarro the Torturer and somewhat less creatively as Pizarro the White Person.

No comments: