Monday 2 May 2022

Special Guest Blogger: Shinto God Hoori

My brother Hoderi was a lazy sod, while i was out hunting and dragging back heavy great dead animals, he was sat on the river bank with his hat over his eyes and every now and then he would yank a fish out of the water so one day i suggested we do a job swap.  
All was going well until the line snapped and i lost Hoderi's favorite magic fish hook. Now Hoderi was not of a forgiving disposition and demanded i get the thing back for him and took to throwing stones at me until i agreed to dive in and try to find it.
I swam around a bit but i couldn't see the stupid hook but i did spot Toyotama-Hime, the Sea Dragon’s daughter, and she was smokin' hot.
I 'accidentally' collided into her and we got chatting and i mentioned that i was looking for my brothers magic fishing hook and she said as her father Ryujin who just happened to be the Ruler of the Sea, she'd ask him to help find it so we went back to her place but he didn't seem very helpful at first as he presumed i was just any old fisherman and he was the goddamned ruler of the sea and not a lost property officer.
I explained that i was a hunter not a fisherman and anyway, fishing was boring and i wouldn't be doing it again and he seemed okay after that, so well that he found the fish hook and then gave his blessing for me to marry his daughter and live in their palace.
Life was good, the wedding took place and Mrs Hoori was pregnant and then one day i remembered the fish hook and planned a triumphant return to see my brother and reclaim my half of the Hoori and Hoderi kingdom but Hoderi was not happy to see me and buggered off fishing so i went back to the Palace and my expectant wife.
She made me swear that i would not attempt to see her real figure which would be revealed while she was in labour but what i didn't expect was when the labour started, she turned into a monstrous dragon, i sneaked a peak and screamed in fright, she she did the same and scuttled off swiftly into the sea leaving me holding the baby.
My son grew up and married Toyotama-hime's sister, Tamayori-hime, his aunt, and they in turn had a son called Jimmu-Tenno, who grew up to be the first human Emperor of Japan which is good but still not worth going fishing for.

No comments: