Tuesday 1 August 2023

Today Is...National Girlfriend Day

I haven't been anybodies girlfriend since the mid 90s so i am having to reach far back in my memory banks to remember those days but the good people at POPxo have a handy list to look at which describes the eight different types of girlfriends for today's man or woman.
That she is always right is a given straight off the bat and applies to all eight which are the chilled out one (she will never ask check your phone or be too concerned about who you are hanging out with), the classy one (likes candlelight dinners, dresses to perfection and is an absolute charmer) and the the psycho one (checks your texts, is moody and jealous).
There is also the gamer girlfriend (prefers to play video games and is brilliant at them as well as being able to handle her beer), the witty-sassy one (great sense of humour and has a sarcastic something to say for everything) and the food lover (prefers pizzas, pies and chips to romantic relationships).
The last two are the I-don’t-care-how-I-look type of girlfriend (will only dress up for a special occasion otherwise it's whatever she wears whatever her hand lands on first in her wardrobe) and the texter (not big on chat as she is on her mobile phone texting all the time).
I guess looking at them i could be a bit of all of them but what doesn't change (so im told by my husband) is saying one thing while actually meaning something else so according to him, when we say: 'I’m almost ready', it actually means i’ll be ready in an hour and if you keep asking if im almost done it will take even longer.
'We need to talk about this' actually means I'll talk, you'll listen and 'Do what you want means' do that and your single again while 'Nothings wrong, i'm fine' really means everything is wrong. Everything. I'm the complete opposite of fine you heartless barstool while of course 'I'm not angry with you babe' means  i am beyond angry, i'm furious!
'I’m not really that hungry' is order something we can both share and 'Sorry, i didn't quite catch that' is you had better take this chance to change what you just said while a simple 'Yes' could be Yes, Maybe or No, you work it out.
Personally, it all makes perfect sense to me, don't know what their problem is.

No comments: