Monday 10 August 2020

Special Guest Blogger: Albert Hofmann

Science has always been a double-edged sword, with advances like penicillin, electricity and TV balanced by napalm, nuclear weapons and TV's showing Piers Morgan but sometimes it throws up a bit of a strange one which neither benefits or hinders mankind, but wow does it make you feel good.
I was goofing about with some mould growing on bread and i did that mad scientist thing and thought to myself 'I wonder what it tastes like' and i ate some and started to feel a bit weird so packed up my things and rode home, rather wobbly, on my bike.
A few days later, i decided to see what the hell that strange stuff was so i took some more and i began hallucinating, all the pretty colours communing with nature and spiritual enlightenment, but unbeknown to me i had became the first known person to synthesize and ingest lysergic acid diethylamide, or LSD.
I continued to take small doses of LSD throughout much of my life, and always hoped to find a use for it but apart from floating away with the fairies, i never did but the CIA tried.
They noticed that the during trials for treason, the most compliant Russians on trial were, to put it modestly, off their tits, and rather than passing it off as too much vodka, they figured out pretty quickly that he had been doped into testifying.
The CIA launched an extensive, decades long research program focused on my LSD named Project MK-ULTRA with a goal of mind control with the goal of getting someone so high that they'll kill themselves if they asked them nicely.
I died aged 102 but i can't put that down to LSD and i'm not sure if that is a good legacy i left behind but there is one regret i have, i invented hippies and the associated tie-die shirts and psychedelic music.

No comments: