Sunday, 8 December 2013
Similarly, we also like statues and you can't move around the country without seeing some long dead military person or other standing there in plaster looking all military and in some cases with a road bollard plonked on its head.
What we don't have to my knowledge is a statue of the devil unlike Madrid where a statue dedicated to none other than, Lucifer the 'Fallen Angel' stands proud and it may be joined by another one in Oklahoma where Satanists plan to erect a statue to stand alongside a Christian monument that has been plonked outside the statehouse.
The Satanists are arguing that said if state officials allow one type of religious expression, they must allow alternative forms although and Government officials are saying that if the Ten Commandments, with its overtly Christian message, is allowed to stay at the Capitol, the Satanic Temple's proposed monument cannot be rejected because of its different religious viewpoint'.
Sounds fair to me, you can't have one without the other but while the 10 commandments from Christianity are relatively well known (no covering your neighbours ass etc), there are also commandments the devil worshippers follow called The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth.
1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9. Do not harm little children.
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop.
All very respectable and strangely not a single mention of pitchforks up the jacksy so i say go ahead Oklahoma, let the devil worshippers put up their statue and let them run the local radio stations as well because God knows Satanic Heavy Metal music is far better than that religious happy clappy crap.