Thursday 3 November 2022

Special Guest Blogger: Bussy d'Amboise

I was best known for two things, being the finest swordsman in all of France and a legendary lover, i could literally kill you with one hand and steal your woman with the other and that got me employed at the court of King Henri III but it was his younger brother, Prince François, who i have real affection towards.
The King was as popular as a dose of the clap and lived in fear of an uprising against him so he surrounded himself with a team of elite duelists called the Mignon's who would instantly challenge anyone to a sword fight if they heard them criticising the King and inevitably they would cut them down but even though all of France lived in fear of being fileted by a Mignon or carrying their ears home in their hat, they were no match for me and i regularly mocked their dress sense and their sword skills to get under their skin enough for them to draw on me and and a duel would ensue.
It was his younger brother who he eyed most suspiciously and i protected the Prince against the King and his men and while i wasn't running through the Mignon's, i was making hay with all the ladies of the Court and many jealous husbands looked at me, looked at my sword and decided that it may be best to just forget it.
My fame spread and soon every noblewoman in France was queuing up for a piece of Bussy and that is where my tale takes a downward turn because i seduced the wife of a prominent local nobleman.
Her furious husband was so upset that he decided to do brutal murder about it and hatched a plot where she would invite me over for a romantic evening and thinking more meat sword then steel sword, i went unarmed with only my passions raised only to be surprised by twenty swordsmen as i walked through the door.
I managed to improvise weapons out of whatever was to hand, defending myself with chair legs, a table and half of an old broken sword stuck on the wall but i was so heavilly outnumbered that i tried to make a dash for the window but was cut down before i made it, ironically dying in his living room.

No comments: