Tuesday 1 November 2022

Special Guest Blogger: Samuel Dickstein

Those Commies were everywhere in the 1950's but America was not fooled by the Reds, we knew those sneaky SOB's were everywhere infesting our Democracy and McCarthy was on them like syrup on a Russian Pancake whether they were in Hollywood, sports or academia and trying to sneak sleeper agents into the U.S. capitol which is ridiculous because we were already there.
I was a friendly New York Democrat with a sideline as a Soviet spy but i had a great cover as it was me who set up the House Committee on Un-American Activities, that's right, i actually chaired the committee that was in charge of rooting out Communists although to start it we were busy rooting out Fascists.
I came to New York as a child from the Russian Empire and worked my into Politics but i maintained links with my Communist pals back in the Motherland but as a non-American, i had to be more anti-Communist then the rest so i teamed up with some of the more anti-Red members to set up a team to try and create a committee outlawing membership in the Communist Party of the USA.
One of my jobs was to gain information on how foreign subversive propaganda entered the U.S. and the organizations that were spreading it and it worked brilliantly because in finding out the men who were behind the scheme, i knew the spies to approach to offer my services in handing over information.
I ran a very lucrative trade in illegal visas for Soviet operatives before offering to spy for the NKVD and for $1,250 a month, the Soviet NKVD received files on secret congressional information on anti-communists and pro-fascists and i guess i should have upped my price when the Special investigation Committee grew and i was delivering speeches to Congress that were spoon-fed to me directly from Moscow, as well as leaking information on the U.S. regarding their war ministry.
You may think that i did all this for some grand vision of a worldwide red state but nope, i did it, plain and simple, for the cash but to be fair i did put my intentions in the name of the Committee on Un-American Activities and spying for the Soviets was the most Un-American thing i could do although i was long dead when my double dealings were discovered, if you take a walk down to the Lower East Side of Manhattan, you will find the Samuel Dickstein Plaza, named after me because in some ways, ie my insatiable greed and disregard for the people i conned, i was very American.

No comments: