Tuesday, 3 November 2015

God Not Blessing America Anymore

America does get a bit of a rough ride in Europe, mostly due to its bat crazy gun laws but also because Americans seem a bit over the top when it comes to religion. 
Faith seemed to be enjoying a golden age under the George W Bush years but a report from the Pew Religious Landscape Study reveals that America is becoming a less religious nation.
The polling revealed the number of people that admit to believing in a deity has decreased from 92% in the early 2000's to 89% today. The number of Americans who say they are 'absolutely certain' that God exists decreased from 71% to 63% today.
While a small fall was noticeable in the number of Americans who pray daily and regularly attend religious services, the decline was very pronounced among young adults -- those born from 1990 to 1996. Only 39% of these Millennials pray daily, compared to 67% of the generation born between 1928 and 1945.
Seems the next generation of Americans may not be asking God to bless their country at every opportunity.

2 comments:

Keep Life Simple said...

Maybe the decreased belief in God explains the sudden rise in violent crime.

There had been a steady drop in violent crime for 40+ years...

Or maybe it is Obama's leadership.

Falling on a bruise said...

89% is still a massive amount of people but i can't see how the remaining 11% can be blamed for all violent crime.