Thursday 26 November 2020

Special Guest Blogger: George Harrison

I was in one of the biggest bands the World had ever seen but when The Beatles broke up i was only 27 and my ambitions stretched slightly further than being known as one of a beat-combo from Liverpool, i wanted to be remembered when i'm dead and have books written about me and songs sung about me and decades after i die, be asked by a blogger to sum up my life in 500 words for a blog.
I was always known as the quiet one of The Beatles and after we split up Macca and Lennon went on to successful solo careers, Ringo not so much, but i went on to not only make one of the most famous films ever, but get together a super group.  
I was learning to be an electrician when i met Paul at college and he asked me to try out for a skiffle band he was getting together and then the 60s happened and we went from sharp suits to spaced out Hippies (my idea, i loved all things Indian) and then we broke up and i'm suddenly at a party with John Bonham and i smash a piece of cake on his head and he took it as well as you expect John would, he threw me into a swimming pool.
Paul and John's solo careers are probably the best remembered out of the four of us Ringo's if you are 5 and into trains but me and Ringo had a rocky relationship after the break up and it was due to our wives, or rather my wife not understanding his wife and me having an affair and then me deciding that what our relationship needed was for me to declare to him my love for his wife over dinner one night which didn't go as well as i expected.
Despite Ringo and my wife desperately looking for a handy place to bury me, i formed a production company and was approached by the Monty Python team who had a mad idea for a film based on a man named Brian who is mistaken for Jesus but nobody would touch it as it was considered too blasphemous for most producers, but i gave them the money to make it.
Not content with one of the biggest bands and one of the best known films ever, i called around some of the biggest names in my little black book and got together Jeff Lynne, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty and me and called us the Traveling Wilburys.
Such was my fascination with the whole Indian thing, that when i died my body was cremated just hours after my death and my ashes taken to India and were scattered into the Ganges River.
All told, not bad for the quiet one.

No comments: