Friday 20 November 2020

Special Guest Blogger: Francis Drake

As the good Lord said 'Love thy neighbour as thyself, unless he's Spanish, in which case, kill the bastardo' and i killed plenty of them but my CV has plenty of other things on it, i was also a slave trader, pirate, politician and explorer.   
My career as a salty sea dog began when i was apprenticed to Sir John Hawkins, the first Englishman to become heavily involved in the slave trade and transporting them to Spanish plantations in the New World but i came into my own when he gave me my own fleet and i decided that slaves were not lucrative enough for me so began a career in piracy, even teaming up with the French pirates currently operating in the Spanish Main transporting gold back to Spain.
One time i robbed a Spanish mule train loaded with gold and silver and killed them all including the mules but then realised that it was too heavy to carry back to the ship in one trip and regretting killing all the mules, i buried the treasure and made a map marked with a big X which began that particular Pirate thing but by the time me and my men came back to retrieve it, the Spanish had found it and dug it up again.
A Pirate's life is so dark and shadowy and full of fear and trepidation but then so was going to the toilet on a Pirate ship in the middle of the night so i returned to England and was hailed a hero for giving it to the Spic's and turned my hand to Exploring.
I sailed around the World in the Golden Hind, stopping off at a few places to teach johnny foreigner good wholesome British like stealing other peoples land by force and wearing crotch hugging tight pants while you do it.
After my triumphant return to England, i was knighted by Queen Elizabeth I and made Vice Admiral of the Navy just as the Spanish were getting bolshy again.
I was playing bowls when they attacked England with their Armada so i finished the game and then set out with a plan to divide their forces into two. I would have preferred it to be their top halves from their bottom halves but i used fire-ships to break up their formation and the rest is in the year 6 syllabus.
As well as the Spanish i suppressed an Irish revolt on a small Island off the coast of Northern Ireland by ignoring the thousands of Irishmen using my nipples for target practice and after accepting their surrender, proceeded to slaughter more than 600 of them anyway.
Fittingly i was buried at sea off the coast of Panama but nobody has been able to find my body, someone should have made a map and put a big X on it i guess.

No comments: