Sunday 1 November 2020

Special Guest Blogger: Errol Flynn

I said that I like my whiskey old and my women young though it seems like neither of those facts were news to anyone who knew me and at the time of my death as i was in a relationship with a 17 year old girl but as one of the biggest Hollywood stars of the late 1930s and early '40s, starring in swashbuckling pictures like Robin Hood and Captain Blood, i could get away with quite a lot and there was quite a lot to get away with then.
I once woke from a drunken stupor to find actor John Barrymore sitting on my sofa which would have been fine if he hadn't had died days before and was last seen fantastically dead and in a funeral home where he was waiting to be embalmed.
As with what usually happens at drinking bouts, my buddies and i thought the greatest idea anyone has ever had would be to borrow Barrymore's body for the evening and cart it over to my place to say goodbye.
We did return Barrymore's body to the funeral home once we sobered up but i spent the next several months trying to scrub the smell of dead actor out of my furniture.
My problem was always was to drink first, act second and think much, much later but i almost never became the danger to myself and the occasional minor i became, i was looking to become a zoologist until that experiment with the piece of pork, three ducks, a long piece of string and the ducks quick acting digestive system.
I did have a reputation for womanising, hard drinking, chain smoking, narcotics abuse and being a massive pervert which wasn't helped when a prospective buyer let slip the secret two-way mirrors, speaker systems in the ladies' room, bathrooms and bedroom ceiling peepholes but none of that caused a stir, proving that when you are a celebrity you can get away with anything as long as you keep producing blockbuster movies people like. Luckily for me.

No comments: