Monday 16 November 2020

Special Guest Blogger: Farah Fawcett

If you're anything like me, you also yearn for a time when fondue sets, tennis and cognac ruled the social scene and men had moustaches and the women wore their hair big and their breasts bra-less.
I was elected 'Most Beautiful' of my class during my freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior years at high school and one of the 'Ten Most Beautiful Coeds on Campus' and then came that poster of me.
The 70's hair thing, well i hold up my hands to the 'Fawcett Flip' which was down to me and that poster of me in the red swimsuit, the best selling poster of all time and it put me on the map and the attention nabbed me my first movie role, a small part my first movie role in Logan’s Run but i was much more than a pretty face although that certainly helped.
I'm probably best remembered for my landmark role in Charlie’s Angels and being married to Lee Majors the six million dollar man although i was only in Angel's for the first season and left to pursue other interest such as movies but as much they were interesting to me, they were not so much to other people and my first three cinematic features flopped so i went on to do theater instead then back onto TV.
They may have been able to rebuild Lee on the TV but we couldn't rebuild our marriage and the Six Million Dollar Man became a single man when we divorced and i began seeing Ryan O'Neal, the man who my husband had himself invited to keep me company when he was completing a film in Canada.
I was always being asked to do nude scene's but for my 50th Birthday i posed in Playboy wearing just body paint but for my 60th Birthday i was wearing a hospital smock and being treated for cancer from which i died aged 62.
No one likes to be upstaged, especially at that point of their lives but at least people remember when i died because Michael Jackson died just a few hours after me and metaphorically kicked me off the front pages but everyone remembers the day Jackson died, and by default, me also.

No comments: