Wednesday 25 November 2020

Special Guest Blogger: Frederic Chopin

When i was in town the shout of lock up your daughters went out, i was a monster of Romantic era flute and piano music excess, my audience got a night of piano conerto's like 'Ballade No. 1 in G minor' and the 'Impromptu No. 1 in A? major' that had them shoving their fists in the air, crazy nights.
I was holding public piano concerts at aged seven, wrote a sixteenth-note polska in A-flat major at 11 and was performing recitals for Tsar Alexander I when the Russian monarch visited Poland. The Tsar was so impressed with my playing that he presented me with a diamond ring as a reward.
Aged 20 i embarked on a trip to Western Europe but two months into the trip, military strife in Poland resulted in thousands of my native Poles leaving the country and many Poles settled in France where i also ended up which was nice as at that point my French language skills were pretty much Hello, Goodbye and you and your sister in my hotel room in 15 minutes and bring the garlic butter.  
Being a 19th Century rock god, i got my fair share of women, classical groupies are the best and one in-particular was French author Aurore Dupin, better known by her pen name George Sand but that didn't get off to the best of starts, she smoked cigars, wore men's clothing and could belch louder and longer than me and i asked her if she was really a woman when we first met.
She was and we were the Cleopatra and Mark Antony of our day, only with less poisonous snakes but that was when my health problems started and i never really recovered and Sand said she already had two children to look after and didn't need a third so left me and i moved to England, gave a concert for Queen Victoria and Prince Albert and then promptly died aged 39 from tuberculosis.
My last request was on my death, my heart was to be cut out and then buried a thousand miles away from the rest of my rotting body because nobody wants to ship a whole dead guy all the way from France to Poland.
My name is mentioned along with with the greats such as Beethoven and Bach, but as good as they were even they couldn't hold a candle to me when it came to bashing out a bangin' harpsichord solo.

No comments: