Monday 13 July 2020

Special Guest Blogger: Heraclitus

Being a philosopher is tough, we spend our days staring into space just thinking about things, knowing full well that when someone asks what do you do for a living, any answer we give is going to elicit nothing but blank stares.
In Ancient Greece you either became a philosopher or a playwright and as you couldn't swing a cat without hitting a playwright, i went down the philosopher route but i was a grumpy bugger, i argued with everyone and everyone pretty much ended up hating me so i finished up wandering the mountains eating grass and herbs.    
In my old age I developed an illness called dropsy which is where your body swells up with excess water but i did invent an original cure, everybody knows that water evaporates when heated so I thought if I just stay somewhere hot then the excess water would evaporate away and what's a ready source of heat and in plentiful supply, cow dung so i jumped into a big pile of it and buried myself up to my neck.
Unfortunately i was a bit too rash and forgot to bring any water so I just got hotter and hotter and eventually died from heat exhaustion.
My death stank literally but my cure for dropsy may not be well known but Leonardo da Vinci's drawing called the "Vitruvian Man" is, the picture of a naked man which looks like he is making snow angels although Leonardo did me no favours in that picture and living in Greece i don't even have the excuse it was cold that day.

3 comments:

Liber - Latin for "The Free One" said...

Thought you might care that Noah (aka the blogger formerly known as Nog) is now a proud father. You can find him in Facebook if you have a care...

oh yeah, in case it isn't obvious, this is Q

Falling on a bruise said...

Liber from the Greek or Roman god?

Liber - Latin for "The Free One" said...

nope. just short for liberty