Thursday 23 July 2020

Special Guest Blogger: John Belushi

Despite what you may hear, making movies is generally pretty tame with most of the actors staying sober while at work and then going back home before drinking hard and snorting cocaine off other peoples genitals but the lines were a bit blurred for me.
As a general rule, i was as wasted on set as any other time, my films were basically three month parties and someone would occasionally turn a camera to film me doing something.
Animal House was me method acting, a film about drunken students abusing substances with me cast as a raucous, hard-partying slob which wasn't exactly a stretch.
Once shooting had wrapped at the end of each day, my trailer became the hub of recreational self-destruction, complete with loud music and strange smelling tobacco smoke emanating at all hours. The loud music, by the way, came from a hotel piano that i had liberated from a hotel lobby.
What they called acting was me just having a normal evening, they could have gotten all the footage they needed just by following me around for a day.
Dan Akroyd had me down to play Peter Venkman in Ghostbusters but a combined cocaine and heroin speedball put paid to that, my death was put down to a drug-related accident, like no shit sherlock, me dying from a drug related accident is as surprising as walking into the sea and finding out it's wet.
Slimer in Ghostbusters is in honour of me so whether its a fat shaped ghost, overweight men in a toga chugging beer or even finding yourself guiding a horse into your principles office, that's me because fat, drunk and stupid may be no way to go through life, but it certainly takes the edge off while it lasts.

No comments: