Monday 9 March 2020

Special Guest Blogger: Alexander Graham Bell

There are some ridiculous accusations that although i am most famous for inventing the telephone, i didn't invent it at all.
I want to use this space given to me by Lucy to quash the false rumours that i stole the idea from an Italian named Antonio Meucci.
Firstly my invention was called the Telephone, his was called the Teletrofono so not even close.
His patent ran out in 1874, due to failing to send in the $10 necessary to renew his teletrofono patent, because he was sick and poor and Italian and it was a full two years later that i registered my own telephone patent.
Laughably Meucci attempted to sue me but when he tried to retrieve the original sketches and plans from the Western Union lab that he sent them to as proof he came up with the idea first, the records quite amazingly were nowhere to be found which makes me think he never had them in the first place and i should know because i worked at the very Western Union lab where Meucci swore he sent his original sketches.
Also both my wife and my mother were stone deaf so why would i even need to nick his phone idea? Who the hell was i going to call?
Meucci died penniless and unknown while when i popped my clogs i was in the history books as the inventor of the Telephone which i absolutely, definitely did invent.

1 comment:

Liber - Latin for "The Free One" said...

I am now the inventor on 40 patents. It is clear you, and wherever you get your information, know nothing about patenting...