Saturday 14 March 2020

Special Guest Blogger: King George V

I had all sorts going on during my reign, most significantly the First World War which was fought between me and my cousins, Wilhelm of Germany and Nicholas II of Russia.
I changed the name of the Royal family from the very Germanic sounding Saxe-Coburg to Windsor like the castle but another big invention in my time was radio broadcasts.
I was never really comfortable being around common people but when the wireless came around it was just those common people on radio all the time, commoners at work, on holiday and generally whinging about the hardships of being poor and i said who bloody cares, we need some royals on this box thing which is why i came up with the idea of a Christmas address to the nation to bring a bit of glamour to their tawdry lives.
Commoners were completely out of touch with what royal people thought and although admittedly they they do a very good for the tourist industry like driving buses and things like that, i wouldn't say that was a proper job, i never saw one common person open a hospital or sit for a portrait but i was a traditionalist and they were part of our great heritage so why not give them a glimpse of the Royals on the wireless once a year.
My family all said we wouldn't be a commoner if they gave us all the money in the world, which they did but we still wouldn't, i was much happier collecting stamps and roaming the World shooting things, i once shot 1000 pheasants in six hours.
My death came about from a wartime wound, not a wound i received in the war but i was thrown from my horse while out riding while the war was going on and i died weeks later, my doctor giving me an injection that night to hastened my death so that my death at 11:55 p.m. could be announced in the morning edition of The Times newspaper rather than the less appropriate commoners evening journals, they knew me so well.

No comments: