Sunday 15 March 2020

Special Guest Blogger: Margaret Thatcher

My Prime Ministerial time began and ended with a recession but there was a brief period in the middle where the nation was prosperous for a few weeks.
The rest of the time i cut benefits for the disabled, the elderly and the poor but during times of national hardship, i wanted to set an example by tightening our national belt but i didn't want the civilians to think the Conservatives Party was out of touch.
When people told me it was a disgrace that ordinary people are starving due to our policies we agreed that we had to make some small gesture to the poor and old and we did, and we used the middle finger of both hands to do it.
My Government was ahead of the curve when it came to Green policies, we tried to close down most of our industries for years and we got our country back on its feet, mainly due to the train and bus drivers walking out, the motorways grinding to a standstill and all the taxis being booked up.
My idea of a classless society was on track, we closed most of the schools and i also pushed for more nuclear power stations and i knew they were safe as we had been testing them on all the children around Sellafield for years.
Although there is that famous picture of me being forced to leave Downing Street in the back of a taxi as our popularity slumped due to the poll tax, there was many MPs who thought that i should stay on that, admittedly it was the MPs of the Labour Party.
When i died there was street parties and so many people said they wanted to dance on my grave that it was considered burying me under a Disco but my legacy lives on decades after i left power, just look at your ridiculously high utility bills from the companies i privatised and think of me.

No comments: