Tuesday 30 June 2020

Special Guest Blogger: Hedy Lemarr

With only 500 words it is hard to know where to start as i crammed lots of things into my life. 
I began as an actress and made a film, Ecstasy, which was so erotic it was immediately got banned, then married an evil arms dealer and helped invent the technology you're probably using to read this now.
My acting ability bought me to the attention of a wealthy arms dealer who was selling arms to the Nazi Party who i married but he was an idiot and banned me from acting and tried to destroy all the prints of Ecstasy saying what i did was wrong, he was selling arms to the freaking Nazi's. 
I did get to meet Hitler and Mussolini though and heard about the use of torpedoes and radio-waves but how they were too easy to jam, i suggested possibly a constantly changing and moving frequency would be hard to jam but they smiled politely and told me not to worry my pretty little head over such things.
By then my husband bored me so i ran off to Paris to restart my acting career but most importantly i met a scientist and while explaining about my lunches with Hitler, told him about the problem with the Nazi torpedoes frequencies being jammed and how by simply using frequency hopping, the problem could be fixed.
Between us we patented the technology and approached the U.S. Navy with it, with the intention of helping them blow up Nazis but they also just smiled politely and suggested instead my services would be better used just looking pretty as a pin-up girl to support the troops overseas.
I went back to work in films and had a successful career and now have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame wedged between two actors who absolutely did not invent that thing that makes your WiFi, GPS, and Bluetooth devices possible.
So the next time Katie Price or Kylie Jenner is talking on TV, pay close attention as they just might be inventing the cure for cancer, they probably aren't but you never know.

No comments: