Wednesday 26 May 2021

Special Guest Blogger: Khutulun

Once upon a time, in a land called Mongolia, there lived a Princess named Khutulun. She was not your average Princess, mind you. She was the great-granddaughter of Genghis Khan who you may have heard of but Khutulan may have been a girl but she was a just as hardcore a fierce and formidable warrior as he was, maybe even more so.
I grew up with 14 brothers and learnt to fight and wrestle and i loved running into battle and shooting my bow as unsuspecting bystanders,  had a knack for riding up to the enemy and basically kidnapping one of them to bring back and generally torture them but this all paled in comparison to my talent for wrestling.
I could wrestle with the best of them and would often take part in the wrestling matches against men and that skill kept me single and more horses than i knew what to do with.
My father had been attempting to find me a suitor for a long time, but i wasn't enthralled by the idea of marriage and wanted to just ride, fight and wrestling rather than partake in any wifely duties in the home so we made a deal that if a man were able to beat me in combat, i would marry him but if they lost, they would have to give me 100 horses. As i ended up with a herd of 10,000 horses and no husband proves just how good at being a badass i was.
The Khan family were split between riding, shooting and fighting like my father wanted and becoming a proper government and other things that bored the average Mongol to tears like my Uncle Kublai's idea and we fought many battles over the ideals.
When my father grew ill from dysentery due to some bad medication he'd been given, he chose me as his successor to be the next Great Khan which didn't go down well with my brothers who declined but instead offered me the role of military leader if i stepped aside, which i did.
I carried on warring and wrestling until i died aged 46, undefeated and leaving behind not only a string of broken hearts but also a lot of horses.

No comments: