Monday 3 May 2021

Special Guest Blogger: Sean Connery

I was best known for being Bond, James Bond, but my friends called me Tommy but i went by my middle name, Sean but before being the first James Bond, i was just another ex-coffin polisher, footballer, lifeguard and babysitter before my acting career took off.
I took elocution lessons to shake off the Scottish working-class brogue and began in stage plays, bit parts in movies and small roles on TV including my big break in the film 'Another Time, Another Place' and was spotted by the team looking to bring the character of James Bond to the screen for the very first time.
Bond creator Ian Fleming wanted Cary Grant but he would only commit to one film so it came down to me and Roger Moore but after a crash course on not speaking Scottish, i was cast for the first-ever Bond film, Dr. No, and the role would go on to change the entire course of my life.
When Dr. No became a huge hit, i was flying high in more ways than one and the money meant i could hide my baldness under fantastically realistic wigs but i was worried about being typecast so i quit after the fifth Bond movie, then after the sixth, and then after the seventh because i kept coming back because finding work was not as easy as i expected and replacing me as Bond was not as easy as they thought, they signed George Lazenby for a seven-film contract as the suave spy but Lazenby immediately crashed and burned, and left the role after just one film.
I did go on to make The Untouchables and play Indy’s father in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade but it was The League of Extraordinary Gentleman which was so disastrous that i left Hollywood completely afterward and confirmed my official retirement from acting.
I was back on TV soon after when my first wife published her autobiography, and in the book, made accusations that i had physically abused her during our marriage, which i of course denied saying that abusing women was never justified under any circumstances.
That went down well until an interview was unearthed where i said i didn’t think there is anything particularly wrong in hitting a woman, not that i could remember much about it as i was suffered from dementia but i was a big advocate of all things Scottish and Scottish independence so told the Scots to leave the country that i so blatantly abandoned from the other side of the World in America where i worked and the Bahamas where i lived and died and am now buried.

No comments: