Sunday 28 February 2021

Special Guest Blogger: Saint John Bosco

When i was a kid i would play with the other kids but my family were God fearing church goers but the other kids were more interested in playing in the dirt and climbing trees so whenever i tried to bring God into the conversation, they would just ignore me and continue sticking worms up their noses.
Kids, it seems, are not interested in learning about God and that Churchy stuff and my approach of 'Hey, lets build a tree house and did you know Jesus died for our sins' wasn't a winner but i saw a traveling troupe of circus performers and was enthralled by their magic tricks and i realised that if i learned their tricks, i could use them to attract others and hold their attention long enough to ram religion down their throat, so that's what i did.
I would put on shows for the neighbours and developed an act of pull a rabbit from a hat, guess the card and then a bit of a pray.
I left home and worked as a hired farm laborer and as a grape picker at a vineyard before joining the seminary and following six years of study and preparation, was ordained as a priest.
I went to work in the slums of Turin and went into the streets and started to meet young men and boys and used my pick a card, don't show me and have you noticed how great God is method and it worked a bit too well because other kids from other areas would come to see my performance and other priests without my knack for making a pet disappear complained that i was stealing their flock.
I pioneered the art of what became known as Gospel Magic to engage the youth so think of a Grey animal in any country beginning with the letter D eating a Green vegetable. Got it? Now, i don't know if Jesus every ventured out to Denmark and saw an Elephant eating a pea but if he had...Thank you, i'm here all week, all month and for all of eternity actually.

No comments: