Sunday 5 April 2020

Special Guest Blogger: Agatha Christie

Wikipedia names me as the best-selling novelist of all time with my novels selling 2 billion copies and writing the world's longest-running play, The Mousetrap, and being an astronaut.
Apart from being the author of detectives Poirot and Miss Marple, i was also known in my time for my mysterious 10 day disappearance and suffering from a psychiatric disorder which would lead me to take on the personality of others and by all accounts is a common aspect in writers.
People would often ask me why i kept making up such stories but it was in my blood, i was a secret agent recruited by a master spy and the KGB to break an international crime ring but between my crime fighting and writing, i was taming lions.
Only Shakespeare has sold more works than me and in 1926 i was enjoying the success of my latest murder mystery when my husband, Archie, dropped a bomb that he was leaving me for another woman.
As he took off and left me and our baby i thought right, i'm a famous author so let's screw with his mind Miss Marple style and did the same.
Using my best writers thinking, i parked the car by a lake, left some old clothes in the drivers seat along with my driving license and caught the train to a spa 200 miles away under the name 'Teresa Neele', which happened to be the name of my husband's lover.
The lake was promptly dredged in search for my body and so began an 10-day hunt to find my body before i was spotted chilling in a hotel much to the annoyance of the police and my fans who had spent days looking for me.
It was all blamed on a mental breakdown after the collapse of my marriage but i went on to write 60 more best selling novels and luckily, everyone just kind of forgot about it.

No comments: