Thursday 16 April 2020

Special Guest Blogger: Andy Warhol

I began out as drawing advertising art, my first commission had been to draw shoes for Glamour magazine before i found fame but my art wasn't just limited to drawing the same picture of a soup tin over and over again although i was a huge soup fan and ate tomato soup every single day, my specialty was priming a canvas with copper-based paint, and then urinating on it. Piss yellow is such a pretty colour.
I worked across a wide range of media including painting, photography, drawing, and sculpture and in addition, i was a highly prolific filmaker and made more than 60 films with one of my most famous films, 'Sleep', showing poet John Giorno sleeping for six hours.
The 35-minute film 'Blow Job' is one continuous shot of the face of DeVeren Bookwalter receiving oral sex and my epic 'Empire' consists of eight hours of footage of the Empire State Building and 'Eat' consists of a man eating a bloody huge mushroom for 45 minutes.
I did have an eccentric personality and also obsessive traits bordering on autism, i purchased the same brand of green cotton underpants over and over again.
My famous soup cans painting kinda backfired as i was trying to create something mundane and meaningless but i actually created one of the most famous pictures ever, go figure the crazy art world.
A radical feminist writer shot me and i was wounded and barely survived and suffered physical effects for the rest of my life, including being required to wear a surgical corset.
It was another surgery, this time a standard gallbladder operation which killed me, dying from a sudden post-operative irregular heartbeat leaving behind lots of tins of uneaten tomato soup and more green underpants than anyone could ever wear.

No comments: