Thursday 13 August 2020

Special Guest Blogger: David Bowie

Everyone who was cool in the '70s was expected to be wild, sexually ambiguous hedonistic junkies so who was i to disappoint.
One of my first girlfriends was costume designer Ola Hudson and her son Saul, they were from Stoke in England which is the home of fancy teapots and cockney Rhyming slang for being homosexual and she had given birth to a music legend of her own, Not-Yet-Slash Saul and wow that boy hated me, and things didn't improve much after soon-to-be Slash walked in on me and his mum naked, either.
We broke up but she did ask me to step in when Slash was at the height of his drug problem but as swapped the drugs for snakes, i will let you decide how influential i was.
She asked me because even i can't remember all that freaky shit i was into in the 1970s but i do remember being so whacked out on heroin that i started to believe that German electronic music was a worthwhile career move but my career was one of constant reinvention with characters like Ziggy Stardust, Major Tom, Aladdin Sane, and The Thin White Duke so it was only a matter of time before one of my personas turned out to be a bit of a dick, one phase including calling for a fascist uprising in Britain and calling Adolf Hitler one of the first rock stars.
I don't know how much Acid i dropped then but there must have been a global shortage afterwards.
Probably explains my fear of being stalked by witches who i thought were trying to get their hands on my semen to make a baby that they were going to sacrifice to Satan, like a glam-rock version of Rosemary's Baby with added glitter.
I got over it after i hooked up with a practicing white witch who performed an exorcism for me, after which i finally stopped worrying about witches and i also quit cocaine around that same time, but i'm sure that had nothing to do with it.
So kids, remember to take your protein pills, put your helmet on and enjoy the hazy, cosmic jive but  keep an eye out for women with pointy hats and test tubes.

No comments: