Tuesday 11 August 2020

Special Guest Blogger: Robin Williams

Someone once described me as funny as i was hairy and i must have been hilarious because i was one of the hairiest people on the planet.
When i was a child, i was quite overweight, shy, and nobody would play with me so as a result, i would entertain myself by talking in different voices, one of them an alien. 
I graduated from Redwood High School voted 'Least Likely to Succeed' and to make money i would perform on the street outside of New York City’s Metropolitan Museum of Art as a mime but my career took off thanks to an appearance on Happy Days where i played an alien called Mork who meets the fonz to learn about human dating, it was the 70's when this sort of plot device made sense, which led to Mork getting his own spin-off, Mork & Mindy, an alien from the planet Ork, who lived with a human girl to study Earth culture and all of its strangeness.
I invented the words Shazbot and Nanu Nanu but in the late 70s and early 80s, i was heavily addicted to alcohol and other harder substances. 
My first major film debut was Popeye, a movie so bad that even i was ashamed of it and i was in Bicentennial Man.
I was considered for the lead role in The Shining, but after seeing Mork & Mindy, Stanley Kubrick rejected the idea because i was too psychotic, can you imagine being called 'too psychotic' for a role in The Shining?
Being an ex-alcoholic didn't stop me from owning a vineyard which is a bit like Karen Carpenter owning a cake shop.
I took my own life after becoming depressed and suffering from dementia and in one of my last interviews i was asked what would God say to me when i entered Heaven.
I said something about a concert with Mozart and Elvis but the big guys first words to me were Nanu Nanu while twisting his ears and that's what i am remembered for, that and being really, really hairy.

No comments: