Friday 1 April 2022

Happy Birthday To Me

As i had the good fortune to be born here on Earth with its breathable atmosphere, today marks the first day of my 53rd year that i have been on this planet but if i was born on Mercury my birthday cake would have 330 candles on it today.
If my passport said Venusian i would not only be a very hot and sweaty 79 but as average temperatures on Venus are 462C, i wouldn't have to worry about candles as they would have melted long before i got around to blowing them out.  
The Happy Birthday badge and banners would have a big 28 on it if i lived on Mars but if i grew up on Jupiter i would be 4 Jovian years old and would not receive the usual stares at the restaurant when i eat my ice-cream with my fingers and stick smarties up my nose.
Elsewhere in the Solar System i would be 1 on Saturn and even younger on Uranus and Neptune but the fates decreed that i was born and raised on Earth so it's listening to my family and friends singing Happy Birthday to me for the 53rd time.
As for the other members of the 01/04 Birthday Club, i will see you at the usual place Chris, Philip, Susan, David and Jimmy unless by some set of unfortunate events i find myself on one of the Gas Giants in the outer Solar System in which case i'm not old enough to drink Latte's so will raise a lemonade and hope you have a great day.

Find Out Your Age On Other Worlds

1 comment:

Liber - Latin for "The Free One" said...

happy birthday.

accept the LinkedIn invitation. i promise to be nice to you on all platforms from this point forward...