Wednesday 11 March 2020

Special Guest Blogger: Oscar Wilde

I was known for having a love of the sexual double entendre but more famous for being both gay and as horny as a Viking's helmet stand, i even spent time in prison charged with indecency and sentenced to two years, i obviously rubbed someone up the wrong way as i was always known to bend over backwards to accommodate anyone.
Two years is a long time but i was in prison surrounded by other big, sweaty men and so i thought that the bottom line was that i just have to take it lying down however hard it was to swallow.
I did my time and came out to pick up my life of fame and fortune and i did my time thanks to the big tip that my cell mate offered me.
True him telling me stuff would have helped also but there you go.
I took it easy in my later years, i kept up the double entendre's so if i saw one coming i would still slip it in but my promiscuous past of debauchery caught up with me and i died of meningitis as a direct result of syphilis.
It is said that dying of syphilis in the Victorian era wasn't that unusual, an estimated 25 percent of Victorian men had it at the time although i probably gave it to that 25 percent in the first place.
After my release from prison i left immediately for France and never to returned to Britain but i was awarded for making a significant contributions in the field of writing, mostly for the picture of Dorian Gray and The Importance of Being Earnest.
In 2017, i was pardoned for committing homosexual acts that were no longer considered offences which was a bit crap considering that i had died 117 years previously so make of that what you will, as i said to my cell mate that first night, i know it's hard but I'll leave it in your hands..ooer.

No comments: