Friday 26 March 2021

Special Guest Blogger: Steve McQueen

Playing a tough son of a bitch was never too much of a stretch for me because i really was a tough son of a bitch.
I lived on the streets aged nine and was a member of a local gang committing various acts of petty crime and i was sent to a school for troubled juveniles.
After working as a lumberjack, carnival barker, merchant marine, and even a towel boy at a brothel, i got a break as an actor on the Western television series Wanted Dead or Alive and that got me noticed and i got an offer to act in the film Breakfast at Tiffany’s but turned it down as i was contracted to do the TV show but when the offer for The Magnificent Seven came along, i got around that issue by deliberately crashing my car and taking time off to 'recover' from my 'accident' by going south to make the movie while i was on sick leave.
Breakfast at Tiffany's was a big film i missed out on but i also turned down parts in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, Death Wish, Superman, Dirty Harry, Deliverance, Apocalypse Now, A Bridge Too Far, and Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
It's not just the films i turned down though, i pursued the possibility of making a film adaptation of David Morrell’s 1972 novel First Blood but Sylvester Stallone got the part so i turned to a film involving a music star being protected by a bodyguard from a stalker with me and Diana Ross but the film was shelved, i just hope it stayed on the shelf and didn't get made later with someone wussy like Kevin Costner playing my part.
I lived next door to Keith Moon for a while until i shot out his bathroom light from my bedroom window when he wouldn't turn his music down.
My final film, and when i realised i had a serious illness, was The Hunter, i had run down the street and just couldn't catch my breath so after a check up i was diagnosed with lung cancer.
I flew to Mexico to undertake surgery but i died of heart failure after the surgery aged 50 but i came within a deuce of not seeing 40 as i was on my way to a dinner at Roman Polanski and Sharon Tate's place the night the Manson Family lunatics joined the party but i backed out at the last minute to go on a date with a woman.

No comments: