Friday 16 April 2021

I Need New Science Jokes

Whenever i want to impress someone of a scientific bent i have one joke that i fall back on which was told to me years ago and after it was explained to me i logged into my brain to drag out whenever required and revolves around a photon checking into a hotel and being asked by the receptionist where his luggage was to which he replied that he didn't have any as he was traveling light.
I have used that joke many times but in scientific circles it is the equivalent of the 'My Dog Has No Nose' joke so the wind is taken out of my sails when they give me the punchline so i asked the cleverest person i know, a scientist with an alphabet after their name, if they had anymore.
They asked me what was the difference between ignorance and apathy but i just said i don’t know and i don’t care so just give me some jokes to impress the nerds with and then bizarrely he said about some new band called 1023 MB but they haven’t had any gigs yet which was nothing to do with what i asked.
I think he then accused me of stealing because he explained that he would never tells jokes to a kleptomaniac because they are always taking things literally so feeling insulted, i started to pick up my things to leave but he then said that engineers always confuse Halloween and Christmas because Oct. 31 = Dec. 25.
I called him a crackpot and headed to the door but he said to engineers Octal 31 and Decimal 25 are the same and i walked out saying that if he wasn't going to take my request for clever jokes serious by not even using the correct names for the months of the year then i wasn't going to stay and listen and walked out.
The Science community may be very clever but they got no sense of humour those guys.

No comments: