Wednesday 28 April 2021

Special Guest Blogger: Ray Charles

Record companies would have us believe that the money made by CD pirates goes to fund the drug industry but the money music stars make from legal sales end up in exactly the same place and drugs was one of my many addictions, along with booze and women.
Glaucoma took my eyesight in childhood but i learnt to play the piano and thought i could make a career in music but it was when my mum died when i was 15 that i decided that i should go for it because life is short and it could end anytime.
I dicked around some of the Southern states before deciding the North was where it was and headed to New York and that was when i met up with the booze, the women and the drugs.
A blind piano player was quite a thing and i got a recording contract and despite a couple of arrests for drug possession, i had a hit with 'Georgia On My Mind' which gave me some money which gave me access to even more drugs, booze and women.  
A third arrest for heroin possession bought my career to a stop and i agreed to go to rehab to avoid jail time and eventually kicked my heroin habit at a clinic but replaced it with even more booze and women.
I tell you i was racking up quite a trail of pregnant women, 12 that i knew of but lost count somewhere along the way, on father's day, i was scared to go to my mailbox but the booze and women continued but my career slowed down in the 70s when the record companies moved towards the Rock and Metal genres and people like me got left behind but not so much my complete inability to keep it in my pants and i didn't let it sour me on the joys of hooking up with the ladies again. And again, and again.
I did kick my heroin addiction, only to immediately replace it with a different one (besides women and baby-making). I started drinking massive quantities of liquor for breakfast, with a side of marijuana for dinner every day and people think that there’s no good way to die have obviously never heard the phrase ‘Heart Attack during a Drug-fuelled sex marathon’ but unfortunately for me i was eventually diagnosed with alcoholic liver disease and my liver self-destructed taking the rest of me with it.

No comments: