Wednesday 14 April 2021

Special Guest Blogger: Saint Lidwina

I'm probably not the best advert for Ice Skating so making me the Patron Saint of the Sport which resulted in my death is probably not the best move but there are not many ice skating Saints on the roster so i got the gig.
I suffered a fall while ice skating when a friend shouted at me to watch her do a triple axel but instead of landing gracefully on her feet, she collided with me and caused me to break a rib on the right side which led to an abscess and other illnesses which left me partially paralysed. I spent much of my life in bed, only able to move my left arm which i was told was a gift from God, especially as my hands and feet then started bleeding which become known as Stigmata.  
As if that isn't enough suffering, my flesh began to fall off and even parts of my intestines rotted and fell away but my parents picked them up, threw out the flowers and kept them in a vase on the mantelpiece in our house because why have daffodils when you can have rancid parts of your decaying daughter on show instead.
News of the rotting, bed ridden girl blessed by God with bloody feet and paralysis soon broke and i had people coming to see my decomposing body with one man in England having the water i washed in sent to him to bathe in, hoping it would heal his gammy leg.
Another woman drank my breast milk but i really don't know what that was all about but it was very weird but on those long nights, i would close my eyes and pray, pray that if all this was a gift from God, i hope he doesn't know when my birthday is.

No comments: