Saturday 4 September 2021

Cosmos Loving My Hair Apparently

Every summer there seems to be a song that follows me around everywhere and this year it was Chic's 'Good Times' that i was hearing on a loop in Supermarkets, on the radio, on TV and just about anywhere that my ears went.
Not a bad song to have trailing me through what should be the hot months although this year the British Summer was a few warmish days in June and the rest of it slightly warmer than normal rain but whenever the same song keeps popping up in unexpected places i take it that the Universe is trying to tell me something but what is the message to me from the guitar of Niles Rogers?
The problem i have with the song is that the tune is the same as the one for 'Rapper's Delight' so when it kicks off with that distinctive bass my mind goes ' I said-a hip, hop, the hippie, the hippie, to the hip hip hop-a you don't stop the rock, it to the bang-bang boogie, say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat' (yep, i googled that) rather than the Good Times lyrics which i am delving into to see what the Cosmos is desperate to alert me to.
Quite worrying that the chorus is 'Good times, these are the good times' because that means it's saying this is as good as this is going to get which looking at what is happening in the news is a bit rubbish but there is a bit about girls in pony tails and i have been growing my hair so have actually had it in a pony tail but then it goes onto roller skates which i haven't owned since about 1987 and when i did i spent more time on the floor than actually skating so i am ignoring the Universe wants me to buy some roller skates.
The words 'Good Times' appears 32 times in the song so applying Occams Razor to the problem, there is a good chance that the Cosmos is saying that the bad times are over and it is all rainbows and lollipops from here on in or it is really loving the pony tail.
Yep, i'm going to go with the Universe really likes my hair, thanks Galaxy.

No comments: