Tuesday 27 October 2020

Special Guest Blogger: Marvin Gaye

It has been said that my songs like 'Let's Get It On' and 'Sexual Healing' saw the end of many virginities which is something nobody saw coming from a man with Gay as a surname who suffered homophobic jibes all through his childhood, weird what adding an e at the end of your name can achieve.  
My most famous songs may be about genital collision, and that one about Grapevines which is synonymous with Raisins now but i never set out to be a singer, i was a drummer but my story begins, and ends with my father who would hand me regular beating's as a kid.
Desperate to leave home i dropped out of school and joined up with the Air Force at 17 but hated it so faked a mental illness and was given a General Discharge and went back to being a session drummer and got a chance to sing and was signed to Motown under the Motown Records President Barry Gordy and deciding that what my relationship with my boss needed just as i was becoming recognised as a Motown talent and women began hurling their juicy bits in my direction on a daily basis, was the additional tension and awkwardness of marrying the boss's sister, Anna Gordy.
Our marriage crashed spectacularly and with my burgeoning career and an equally burgeoning cocaine habit, when she divorced me most of my money was going up my nose so i had no money to pay her in alimony so our lawyers agreed that 50% of my next album’s royalties would go to her to settle things.
Making money to pay your ex-wife's alimony ranks just below having your nads caught in a car door on the list of things that inspire artistic greatness so one half arsed album coming up i thought but damn my talent, i ended up making a classic double album which would make it into the Rolling Stones magazines top 500 of the best albums ever.
Unbeknown to me, the 'Sexual Healing tour' was the last one i would ever do as i went to live with my parents to help take care of my mother as she was recovering from kidney surgery. As i couldn't always be there and my mum was vulnerable and this being America, instead of a burglar alarm or a dog, i bought them a gun.
My father, not realising that i wasn't a scared weedy kid anymore went back to hitting me and one day i hit him back then he walked off, got the damned gun that i had bought them and shot me twice in the heart.  
My legacy would be showing the World why America is so respected musically across the world, my death would show America why nobody else in the World has the bat-shit crazy gun laws we have.

No comments: