Friday 22 May 2020

Special Guest Blogger: Amy Winehouse

In the music industry, there's no such thing as a drug scandal because everyone expects us musicians to be on drugs anyway and they would be a little disappointed if they found out we weren't, so no disappointment from me then because i was on drugs big time.
The drugs and drink never really affected my performances that much, i sometimes forgot what city i was in, the lyrics of my songs or when trying to introduce them, the names of the members of my band but otherwise, no real effect.
I had such a determination that even with a body full of heroin i would just carry on knowing that it was a constant game of Russian Roulette which i would lose in the end but nobody could have been surprised when it ended like it did.
It takes some cojones for an alcoholic junkie to write a hit song about refusing to go to rehab but i was no tragic figure, i refused to exorcise my booze and drug demons, and my death made sense that was always destined to happen, eventually succumbing and became a member of the afterlife's rowdiest super band, the 27 Club.
When i died my blood alcohol level was five times the legal driving limit as befits a wild party monster and the last thing i remember was being watched over by my imaginary friend. I didn't really, im joking. We fell out after he stole my imaginary handbag.
I was so full of chemicals that the coroners needed a periodic table to perform the autopsy and i did hear a joke that after i was cremated the ashes had a street value of £500,000 but that's fair, i dropped dead at age 27 which was about three years after my dignity did.
With hindsight, i probably really should have gone to rehab.

No comments: