Sunday 24 May 2020

Special Guest Blogger: Jayne Mansfield

Buxom blondes was a thing back in 50s and 60s Hollywood and i was known as the Working Man's Marilyn Monroe, Hollywood’s second-most famous blonde bombshell but whereas Marilyn really was a dumb blonde, i had an IQ of 149, spoke five languages and played the violin and piano so i was a really smart kind of dumb blonde.
I was married at 17 and got my break as a Playboy Centerfold before going on to be a star of stage and screen, making 17 movies and making personal appearances for everything from supermarket promotions to drug store openings at $10,000 a pop but my love life was really complicated and at age 34 i was on my third husband and dating my married attorney Sam Brody when i met Church of Satan founder Anton LaVey and things took a very strange twist.
I turned down his romantic advances, the weirdo wore plastic devil horns and a red cape so wouldn't anyone with a working pair of eyes turn him down but he and Brody got into a heated argument and LaVey put a curse on him, saying he would die in a car crash and a series of misfortunes beset us both.
My son Zoltan got mauled by a lion and Brody was in a string of car accidents in the next twelve months, surviving seven car crashes before an eighth eventually killed us both.
We were traveling to New Orleans to appear on television show when our convertible car hit a truck spraying a thick fog of insect repellent across the road head on.
Speaking of head on, or rather head off, it is rumoured that i was decapitated in the accident which would have made a mess of my pretty face but even that doesn't excuse casting the drag queen and actor Divine to play me in a film.

No comments: