Saturday 2 May 2020

Special Guest Blogger: Cary Grant

With a violently alcoholic father and a manically depressed mother, it's surprising that i managed to survive through my childhood, let alone turn out to be a relatively normal and successful actor.
Aged just 10, i came home from school one day and my dad told me that mum had gone on a vacation to the beach and then, three months later, dad said that mum had died while she was on holiday then my dad started a new family that apparently didn't have room for me.
I somehow managed to survive the rest of my childhood and then, right when i was getting my break in the film industry, dad called up to say, 'Surprise! Your mum isn't really dead. I put her in a mental institution and lied to you about it for 20 years'.
It obviously had an effect on me because while i stayed teetotal thanks to dad, i was sucking down LSD like it was going out of fashion.
My wife reported me for being physically abusive to her and when my marriage to my fourth wife was falling apart in the late 1960s, i thought a great way to save the marriage would be to drop acid together.
It is definitely a better choice than secretly locking her away for two decades, but it's not exactly from the couples counseling text book but i did go see a dctor about my crippling drug habit.
When he asked me to describe my problem i explained that when i was high on LSD i was unable to act and it was affecting my career, he said that he had seen my last few movies and prescribed me to take LSD pills six times a day, the smartarse.
I died while preparing for a theater show, i felt ill but insisted that nothing was wrong and then collapsed and died later in hospital so with hindsight that may have been a bit of a mistake.

No comments: